Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm sitting in my living room drinking a warm mug of coffee I'm loving my view. Even though we live in a small Northern VA townhouse, one of the cool features that sold us on this end unit is the fact that the living room has a high ceiling and a beautiful 2-story arched window in the back. The window bathes the room with so much natural light, opens up the small space and makes us forget that we're in a townhouse. It helps it feel less confined and is a piece of heaven in the mornings when I sit here with my puppies getting my thoughts & to-do lists together.....

Photobucket

However....the ornamental pear tree outside my back deck is in a very happy place right now (which is good, of course....for the tree....) but it's so darned distracting!  I mean, seriously, I get nothing done. It looks like a bridal tree, or a popcorn explosion in my view at all times.

Photobucket

I love it!


Isn't it amazing? So sweet. So ethereal. So romantic. So....a nightmare for someone who has the attention span of a gnat....as you may have already guessed.

Photobucket

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain

OKAY!! Back to work. I have so much to do today! The laundry is churning, I need to get to the grocery store, I have to mop the kitchen floor and I'm making something Jewish for dinner (a kugel) from a Passover food magazine I devoured yesterday.

I'm going to wear dark sunglasses round the house so that I don't look ..... out that darned ..... window ..... I just noticed a cherry blossom tree across the street that is in FULL bloom, oh my GOD.

I'll be back.........


Photobucket

No comments: