Monday, December 6, 2010

I was doing just fine. Perfect really. For an entire month!

I've been minding my thoughts, making sure they're positive, doing my daily chores, volunteering, having lunch with my girlfriends, chatting with my sister every day, playing with the puplets, loving my hubby, cooking, enjoying life and have been writing a letter and sending it to Ft. Benning every day.....

And then it happend. Out of the blue.


I sat down to send my Christmas cards today and I saw his name.

Joshua.

My boy.


Guess it had to come eventually. The deep sadness. The heart ache.

Guess it's because it's the last year I'll sign his name on our Christmas card.

John, Brenda & Joshua.

I"ve done that for 13 years. I love it. Next year he'll write his own cards. I hope.


It's also the last time my Minnie Mouse gets a mention in my annual Christmas letter. I can't believe she's been gone for 2 1/2 months already.

I miss my silly little girl.


And I miss my boy today.

A lot.

I was doing just fine.

Photobucket

No comments: