Monday, April 19, 2010

Remember when I found $150 worth of FREE shoe money for DSW shoe store 2 weeks ago? I was so excited!! Shoes are something I have a major weekness for, more than jewelry (and those of you that know me really know how much I like ~ ok, loooooove ~ fun, blingy jewelry so that's saying a lot!)


I've had a "thing" for shoes since I was a preteen. I have shoes in my closet that have never been worn, I'm just happy to know they're mine and to see them daily. You don't have to be thin, rich or tall...to look good in some cute shoes. Although, It would be nice if my toes weren't so pudgy and if my little pinky toes didn't turn sideways like they're mad at all of the others....

Anyways, I had the best time trying to figure out how to spend my coupon money and I must've tried on, at least, 40 pairs of sandals. I giggled out loud a bunch and worked up a sweat, shoe shopping should be made into an Olympic sport! Here are the fun goodies that I'm prould to call my new friends.

Photobucket

My Michael Kors beauties! Oh. My. God. My. Heart. Be. Still. I have the matching handbag. 
Yes I got these shoes for......FREE!

Photobucket

{{{{Fainting}}}}

Photobucket

Hello pretty Yellow Box sweethearts...

Oh yes I DID get myself some Marine Corps camoflauge flip flops....FREE!!

Photobucket

I vote that these become part of the Marine Corps female uniform code. They can use a little bling on their tootsies, dontcha think?  {{{raising my hand high}}}

When I march around in these I will sing the MC theme song proudly. Josh will be pleased.

Photobucket

Minetonka sandals ~ Oh, how I love thee. I have these in black from a few years ago and heart them, too......FREE!!

Photobucket

I'm a sucker for hardware on my shoes.

I also got a fab pair of NIKE flip flops that are so comfortable that I walk the dogs in them every night. I forgot to to photograph them because I was wearing them! Doh!

YES ~ ALL FOR FREE!!!!   Ok, you know me too well....I went $40 over. Don't judge me. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

On the way home I popped into Payless Shoes to look for a knock off pair of cool black studded sandals that I saw in Bloomingdales (that were $185!). I had been drooling over them for weeks and have seen similar styles in magazines and different department stores ~ long story short I knew Payless makes "designer inspired" shoes for, well, a lot less and thought I'd give them a try.

Big mistake. I am not exactly "Miss Self Control" in ANY place that sells shoes, it can be a flea market, so I sorta got distracted.......

Photobucket

I love gold. I love shoes with cute little heels. I love gold shoes with cute little heels that have bling on them. I lost my senses. I think I even drooled.

Photobucket

Bling-bling! Can you blame me? And did I mention they were only $12 on sale? Fainting again.....

Photobucket

Heart pounding now. Shoe shopping is a good cardio workout. I mean, who doesn't want the cutest little pair of silver ballet flats? They go with everything! Even my pajamas. (Yes.....I did....sorry).

Photobucket

The minute I saw these ruffles I was a goner. Done. Finished. Come to Mama. Oh....and also $12. Proud of me? Thought so.

Photobucket

THESE ARE THE SHOES I WENT IN LOOKING FOR OH MY GOD!!! AND THEY WERE ONLY $20 ON SALE I THINK I'M GOING TO DIE FOR REAL!!

I'm really trying to stay calm, but it's difficult. I see the pictures and get worked up all over again. I was literally squealing in the aisles! And they are very comfortable, by the way.

The 17 year old sales girl, who at this point was getting the smelling salts out of my purse, knew I loved them so much that she ..............

wait for it............

wait for it............

READY??............

This was really too good to be true!.........


Photobucket

Found me the same pair in white!  I swear to you, I experienced Nirvanna.

Photobucket

And here's the part that sent me completely over the edge ~ they were half off during their "buy one get one half off" sale. I am so out of my mind right now I have to stop blogging. My heart rate is high and my dogs are scared.

I love shoes (and I mean to use the word LOVE in every sense of the word), and..... I'm especially a flip-flop junkie. There I finally admitted it. Is there a 12-step flip-flop program? (Get it? 12 "step", haaaar) If there is, please don't tell me about it. I'm pretty sure I'd be a loser drop out and run to DSW on our lunch break.

All-in-all I do believe that it was the perfect shoe day and it didn't even cost much, how awesome is that? I have all of my new pretties lined up in my closet ready to make their big debut this summer. I smile when I see them and they smile back.

They do, I know they do.

P.S. If you have any DSW gift certificates, send them to me and I will add you to my list of best friends. Thanks in advance. Kiss - kiss.

Now go and put on a cute pair of shoes and dance! It does wonders for the soul.

Photobucket

No comments: