Friday, January 8, 2010

Dear Pioneer Woman, Entry #97

I read The Pioneer Woman's "Confessions" blog daily ~ http://thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/ ~ I love it. It makes me laugh and some days, like today, it made me cry. Today's blog was like a smack in the face ~ and a good & necessary smack it was. She linked todays sentiments to her October 11th blog, so I read that also. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I left a comment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On January 8th, 2010 at 11:13 am Brenda said:

I feel so, so, so stupid. And self absorbed. I have spent the last two weeks feeling so sorry for myself and whining about the fact that “I’m losing my 19 year old son!” He will be leaving soon to boot camp for 3 months and then probably moving away for good to serve our country.

I read this today and my head spun around. I mean, here is a woman who REALLY, truly lost her son, as well as your Mom in law and countless women out there.

I’m going to keep this short ~ You have put everything into perspective in a fast snap. And I am so sorry that my head has not been in a place where I could love each moment I have with my son, no matter where he is living or how many letters I have to write or phone calls I have to make. “Losing” takes on a whole new meaning from now on.

I’m pretty ashamed of myself, really. Thank you for sharing, you have no idea the depths you have reached.

I’m so sorry for your family’s loss.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's so wierd how right when I'm going through something it seems like God speaks to me through someone else. It happens all the time to me. Ever since I was a small girl. I'm very open to it and I'm always looking up so today was another good day. Sick and all....a very good day. Brenda's had an attitude adjustment. And I'm thankful.

No comments: