Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our 12th Family Anniversary Dinner


Twelve years ago on New Years Eve Johnny, Josh & I became a "family." And every year since we have celebrated AS a family ~ calling it our "family anniversary," no less. It's a wonder to me how fast the years fly by. I mean...twelve years... I feel extremely blessed.



I love this picture of Josh, he was concentrating so hard on what the preacher was saying. Look how little he was! He was only 7 years old. My baby. I can't wrap my brain around the fact that my boy is grown.

And can I just say....wow am I skinny. Now I have a husband to cook for and he loves food so I blame it all on him. And my poor sister, with her broken finger, trying to hold both of our bouquets; she may be crying in this picture. I'm not sure. I was too busy getting married to be overly concerned. Sorry sis.

For 2 years now Jack & Ann have taken us out for our anniversary dinner via a gift card. We appreciate it so much, it's so kind, generous & thoughtful ~ THANKS FOR DINNER JACK & ANN!

This year we had to postpone our celebration dinner for 16 days because Josh was out of town. We finally got our act together to go out and have some fun tonight! This year we went to Mike's American Grill.

Just goofing off ~ What else is there to do while waiting on a table?



Johnny always makes me laugh.



This one's really dark, I forgot that I had turned off the flash.  Oops.



Much better



Oh God ~ this absolutely my favorite meal ON EARTH!
Serloin tips with a lime herb sauce and penne pasta.

(I drank my Mojito so fast I forgot to take a picture of it, haha!)



Johnny had a grilled salmon salad. See the baby potatoes, pine nuts & feta? Yum!



Josh got the baby-back-baby-back-baby-back-baby-back riiiiiiiiibs...

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)



Finger lickin' good!



Miss Cutie Pie Jessica got the crab cakes, shoestring fries and cole slaw.



Aaww, look at those two. Aren't they cute?

Now take one of us!



I've shared the twelve happiest years of my life with this man right here and I'm grateful every day that the three of us became a family when we did.


            
New Years Eve 1997. Look at how little the kids are. Josh 7, John's daughter, Liz, 9. Liz lives in Peoria, her hometown.

 

I STILL DO

Happy Anniversary Johnny & Josh! You both own my heart xoxo


No comments: