Thursday, April 15, 2010

An afternoon with Princess Sophia

Yesterday I had the pure pleasure of spending a few hours with cutie patootie Miss Sophia. I just love this little girl. Her facial expressions and personality crack me up. And she's starting to talk, too! She calls me "Benna." Last night, after Sophia went home, I noticed that my face hurt because I smiled and laughed for 5 solid hours.

Photobucket

I was telling my father in law all about her last night on speakerphone and he said, "Uh-oh, you'd better watch out, John! I think Brenda's getting ideas!" Johnny quickly replied, "NOooooo!!! No. No. No. No....That's why we have Sophia, she's the perfect rental baby with NO options to buy!" That's OK, I love being an Auntie!

Photobucket

Sophia decided to attack my camera and smear spittle slime all over the lens. I love the invention of microfiber cloths, by the way. I'm going to buy more of them.

Someday this child could work for the FBI. I mean, look at that face! They'd have no problem getting information out of criminals in interrogation with Sophia in charge. Just let her at 'em for 5 minutes. They're toast. "Oh yeah Mister? Don't. You. Lie. To. MEEEeee!!!" Slam.

Photobucket

Well hello Sophie!  We went outside to watch Josh clean out and wash his car and when he'd turn the hose off she'd yell, "RAIN!" and so he'd make it rain again. Not on us, thank goodness. But on her stroller, yes. Sorry.

Photobucket

Sophia took our heart rates like a professional. Ok, she'll work for the FBI and on her off time be a Doctor. She's awesome like that. No pressure, Sophie.

But listening to our hearts (on our hands, she's almost 2 leave her alone), wasn't enough, she set her sights on Peanut. These are cell phone pics plus I was laughing so they're blurry.....

Photobucket

Sophia listened to Peanut's heart and said, "Boom, boom, boom."

Peanut was all....."Uhhh, what just happened? Do I get a treat now?"

Photobucket

She has the most precious little hands......

Photobucket

And itty bitty feet.

(And a Mommy with fantastic taste in shoes! Lori, please adopt me)

Kay and I both said, "I love your shoes! They look so comfortable! Can I have them?" Sophia said "NO!" in no uncertain terms. And so it is....another girl child born after my own heart. It's practically Biblical.

Photobucket

Mommy Lori brought me some beautiful Tulips that I found in my kitchen after they'd left. Thank you! This morning the sun was shining in on the flowers through the blinds, it was so pretty when I went out to get my coffee. I can't wait to photograph them when they open up a bit. I'm so spoiled!

P.S. Sophia is going to want cake for supper every night now. I don't know why.  ???   I'm just saying.......   {{{Brenda's pleading the 5th}}}

Photobucket

No comments: