Friday, May 21, 2010

AFTER...................

Remember how my kitchen lighting was before:

Photobucket

1984 ceiling fan, disco globe light and a random hook sticking out of the ceiling...for 6 years.

Don't. Get. Me. Started.

Photobucket

Fluorescent light box courtesy of the Exxon gas station.

Photobucket
 
The hall/entry and dining room have already been painted, now we get to do the kitchen.

Photobucket

Another look....

Photobucket

Different view...
 
(P.S. We just ordered a 22" flat screen TV that will be mounted on the wall above where the old little fat one is now - by the tiny lamp fixture - I'll have to take down that platter)

Photobucket

That's Tyler. I like Tyler. He was kind, handsome, entertaining and BEST of all....

Photobucket

....he knew how to remove one of the ugliest ceiling fans ever. He's my new hero.

Photobucket

And he knew how to hang my pretty new light fixture over where my round table will be.

Photobucket

AAAAaaannnd.....he took down my fluorescent light box! I'm going to have a song written about him.
 
"Tyler is tight! Took down my ugly light! Do-wop, Do-wop, Do-wop"

Photobucket

This is Mr. Bill....who's kinda in the way of my camera. Achem....excuuuuuse me.
 
Okay, so he's not perfect. But he does cover and protect my floors. 

Photobucket

I just threw this in the mix because Piper is cute and I love her.

Photobucket

So, back to Mr. Bill. He's putting 5" pasties on my ceiling.
 
(Trying not to giggle. I'm very mature)

Photobucket

They are so that Mr. Bill will know where to cut the drywall for my can lights.

Photobucket

See? Like that.

Photobucket

And that. There's my first light!

Photobucket

And the random hook is gone! Tyler is amazing, isn't he? Johnny? Isn't he?
 
Does the light work? That is the question.

Photobucket

YES! It works! No fire! We're making progress.

Photobucket

Time to get the rest of those can lights in. C'mon. I'm anxious.

Photobucket

They're finished!! 
 
Ready?
 
Set?
 
Wanna See?
 
Ready? 
 
Sorry....I said that already....

Photobucket

And he said, "Let there be light." That's a famous quote from Mr. Bill.

Photobucket

The lights really warmed the entire room. My cabinets are golden now, not green.

Photobucket

So are my floors and the countertops glow. I wish I'd have done this years ago.

Photobucket

Tyler & Mr. Bill also gave me separate dimmer switches so that I can create ambiance.
 
Fancy word for "moooooooooood."
 
Watch out, Johnny. There will be plenty of ambiance in our kitchen from now on.
 
RAAAWRRR!

Photobucket

Speaking of....
 
"HI! I'm Johnny and I don't even want to know how much this cost!"


Photobucket

And this is how it ended up. Everything crammed in the dining room. Even my kitchen island. Hhhmmmm.....looks like I could use better lighting out here too..... DOH!

So this coming Wednesday I have a dry wall repair man coming to fix the holes and paint the ceiling a crisp new white. That will really brighten things up and complete the project once and for all.

I could't be happier with the way things turned out and I will never show Johnny the invoice. There are some things a man should never see. Keeps a smile on his face. On his "not green anymore face." On his "warm new lighting" face. See how that works? (He loves the lighting, too).

Photobucket

No comments: