Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A day with the Hofmann's and a Chihuahua Video to end this beautiful, yet busy, Tuesday....

Oh my has this every been a busy week and weekend!! I spent the whole day in Navy Wives meetings - from 10am - 3pm then came home to my sickly hubby and my injured/sore as heck son (weight lifting too much!)

Now I'm scrambling around trying to figure out what we're going to eat for supper. Before I dive into kitchen duties I thought I'd leave you, my dear Diary, with a glimpse of what it's like to be my Johnny "working" from home.


So Johnny's got his pack under control with an iron fist, doesn't he? We always say, "the littlest one always rules the house" and in our case we have three little ones. We'll never be in control, we gave that notion up long ago.

And speaking of control ~ Last weekend we had the pure joy of spending the day with Steve & Karan Hofmann, our dear friends from Illinois whose home we got married in. And what THEY control is this:

Photobucket


A Cessna something or other.....


Photobucket


A SILVER Cessna something or other.....and it's shiny and pretty and cute and it smells wonderful.

Look. Here's the deal. I'm not even going to pretend that I know a thing about airplanes. Period. So if I sound ditzy on the subject....it's because I am. Take it or leave it. Moving on.


Photobucket


Nice trunk.  Hee-hee.  Oh, come on. I had to.


Photobucket


And there's my husband and his blackberry.....being extremely useful, as usual.

He just commented that he "was supervising...."


Photobucket


Speaking of trunks....if anyone comments on my trunk I will kick you in the trunk with my cute, pink pilot's shoes. 

I've always been extremely practical.


Photobucket


Three hours later, when I finally got my trunk in the shiny, silver Cessna something or other, I got a lesson from Steve! 

And I was really paying attention, as usual.


Photobucket


{{{Smack}}} Pay attention! Okay, I'm back.


Photobucket


This plane was seriously equipped with all of the bells and whistles. It had computer maps, gps navigation, satellite music radio, a built in parachute, yummy leather and all kinds of knobs that I didn't know what to do with.


Photobucket


This is as close to a "Pilot's Photo" that I'll ever have. I mean it when I say that I really enjoyed the tour of the plane and I was extremely impressed that our friend Karan flew herself & Steve to Virginia and back to Illinois.


Photobucket


Karan was honored at Mt. Vernon last Fall for the anniversary of 100 years that women have been able to get their pilots licenses. They had a luncheon and Karen flew herself and a young woman who had never been on an airplane before into the festival and received and award. The young 14 year old girl got the flying bug and is now all set to start private lessons herself. That's what I call passing the torch and Karan makes me so proud to be called Woman.

It doesn't keep me from worrying about them. I pray that they always stay very safe in those big, blue skies.


Photobucket


And there's Miss Karan taking off! She even gave us a "wave" by rocking the plane back and forth; wagging the wings. I'm ticked that I didn't have my real camera with me. These cell phone pics are all I have but I wanted to share anyway. What a fun day we had with them ~ crashing a wedding party and all. I wish they lived closer. Can you believe that it was almost 13 years ago now when we were married in front of their beautiful fireplace and Christmas Tree on New Year's Eve? Wonderful memories......


Photobucket

And speaking of wonderful (don't you love my segways?) this is my wonderful Peanut. She does this with every load of warm laundry I pull out of the dryer. She jumps in and buries herself in the hot clothes ~ or size 34 Costco Kirkland whitie tidies....and now that you know waaaaay more about my husband than you knew at the beginning of this post, I'll say goodnight.

Photobucket

No comments: