Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Sunday! Hope your day is going well; mine started out by sleeping late. Very late. Very, very late. I can only say that I shouldn't have to sleep for the next 2 days that's how late I slept.

Aaaaannnnd...so late that I jumped out of bed screaming OHMYGODI'MSOLATEJOHNNYWHYDIDYOULETMESLEEPSOLONG?! and bolted into the shower. I had a lunch to attend!

Jan 2

My girlfriend Pam invited some of her friends over to her home for a New Years luncheon. It was so nice just sitting around chatting, drinking mimosas and spending time with each other. What a way to start the new year  :o)

The food was delicious! Pam out did herself and made 2 home made soups: a clam chower (that everyone raved over ~ but, I'm not big into sea food so I didn't have any) and a butternut squash soup that made my eyes roll to the back of my head it was so scrumptious. To accompany the soups Pam served a crunchy salad with candied almonds in it and fresh rolls. For dessert.....a fresh carrot cake. Oh. My. God.

That cake looked & smelled yummy, but again, I passed on it. If I don't stop passing I'm going to have to go buy a whole new wardrobe. Mainly pants! Soon. Yes, Sir. And I don't mean maybe.

January is going to be my "NO" month.....except for sweet tea. I'll never abandon my sweet tea. That's always a big YES because, as you know, sweet tea completes me. It's a life long love affair.

Tomorrow's my last day with Josh. BOOOOOOO!!!! It's hard to think about even though he's ready and in a way, Johnny & I are ready too. We can't wait to hear all about his experiences and training and we're looking forward to visiting him too at some point. It's just hard.....

So now on to taking down the Christmas tree. I'm so over it. I'm ready to clean up the clutter and get my house back to normal. Wish me luck!
HAPPY SUNDAY!

Photobucket

No comments: