Sunday, January 31, 2010

A family that shovels together........



WAKE UP YOU LITTLE SLEEPY HEAD!!  It snowed 7 inches ~ YOU & JOSH get to play with the snow shovels today!  Yippee!!  HURRAH!!

Photobucket
Ha-ha, wow, could there be more joy?

Photobucket
Yup, 7" of what Johnny calls "crystal sunshine."

Photobucket
And tell-tale foot tracks proving that Josh was out all night. So busted!

Photobucket
Well, I can't bust an adult...too bad we didn't have more snow when he was in high school.

Photobucket
C'mon, stop stalling...sitting there holding a super cute puppy won't help ya.

Photobucket
Peanut thought she was bundled up enough to go outside. Mommy, what IS this stuff?!

And who'd giant footprints are these?  Now I'm scaaaaared.

 
Photobucket
Ok, changed my mind, let me in! Doesn't she look cute in her pink varisty sweater?
 

I'm sorry, but is there anything more precious than a tiny Chihuahua footprint?

Photobucket
I hired some boys to shovel my driveway. They were nice boys, too. One was bald.

Photobucket
Funny, everytime he's doing something he really doesn't want to be doing, he uses only one eye.

Photobucket
Almost done boys? Hurry it along now. I'm paying you by the hour. 

Photobucket
I love hiring these guys, I can even kiss them if I want to. Because they're all MINE.

A family that shovels together, stays together. This I know for sure.

Photobucket
That's it, pose near the finished driveway with a shovel. It looks good. Kinda like I didn't just run around taking pictures of the pretty snow & scenery and of the cute hired help. It looks like I worked my tail off. Look at those raw fingers! This would've looked even better if I had I remembered to take down my Christmas flag - now that it's February.

Photobucket
Hey, I worked! I worked really, really, really hard....

Photobucket
It was grueling work, but someone had to do it. It nearly killed me.

Photobucket
Ta-DA!!

Photobucket
I mean, hello? Who doesn't take time to make snow angels?

And after much persuasion my bald kid agreed to make one too  :o)

He wanted to, see? Thumbs up & the one eyeball thingy going on.

Thank God you can't hear the blood curdling scream he let out because the snow was so cold, ha!

C'mon, flap those arms and legs harder, recruit!  I spy...a pink, cold belly. And, a smile?

Ta-DA!!

Photobucket
I love it! It's your own guardian angel. Your Marine Angel.

Photobucket

I know you had fun, even though you're looking at me with one eye again. I don't know how many months we still have together, and only God knows where you'll be next winter. I will think back to this sunny, snowy day for a long, long time & I will ask your angel to go off with you to guard and protect you. My boy.

A family that makes snow angels together, stays together. This I know.
                                                                                                  Love, MomPhotobucket

No comments: