Wednesday, January 6, 2010

View from a sick girls bed

Niiiiice. This is my view from my bed. I'm sick today. It's been years since I've been sick so I'm pretty much shell shocked.

Sweet tea is a must for a sick girl, Mucinex (just learned about that today from my FB peeps), cold meds, nasal spray, lots and lots of tissues, my TIVO remote, yoga pants and a blue hot pad on the floor. I live like a pig when I'm sick. From what I remember. And in the back there, toward the right, see it? A book with orange and yellows? Yesssss, that's my new cookbook. And sick girl loves it and has been reading it all day. Every delicious word.

It's called The Pioneer Woman cooks. I got it with Liz's B&N gift card (thanks Liz!) I've already read 3/4 of it and I can't wait to get well so I can start making some of her recipes. It's not just the recipes it's her photography! I am so drawn into her pictures. She has taken me to another world today. Away from snot and 45 dirty tissues and for that I'm so grateful.

My hope is to one day own the camera she has so that I can take REAL photos and learn to do the things she teaches in Photoshop. But for now, and until John's daughter's college tuition is paid up (just about there!), I'm going to take pictures on my blackberry and the cute little point & shoot Nikon Coolpix that I picked up at Costco recently. I'm not sure which model it is and it really doesn't matter - it's PINK - and it's CUTE! And it allows me to photograph my tribe.

So, I've been sick all day and John announced that he was cooking. What's wrong with that sentence is everything: Me sick, John....cooking. I love the man with all of my heart and all of my soul, but help us Jesus when he cooks. The last time he cooked, over 2 years ago when I came home from my sisters wedding, the entire pot of gooo had to be thrown into the trash can, mainly in one big glob. He started his dish out with an entire 1 pound bag of dried pinto beans and it went downhill from there. So when he announced he was cooking and supper would be ready in an hour I immediately posted {{{{help}}}} on my FB page. Because my FB peeps are there for me.


Here is my Sweetheart walking into the bedroom with supper and I'm very, very scared. He's laughing because he knows that I think he's trying to kill me.


Hey Mommy, are you going to taste that? Do you need some help? I seem to have a fan club.

Before I move on, does ANYone else see the giant brussel sprouts in my soup....? I was just checking.



Oh My GOD!! Can I just say that I love to be wrong in these cases. My husband created a masterpiece from all of the leftovers and weird things he found in the pantry. Things I didn't even know I had! I love it. It was such good cowboy food. Great job, honey. This was a success!


And yes, I do believe I have a fan club. Here is my tribe ~ They DID get a taste.

No comments: