Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We made it to Peoria!

Last week Johnny & I took a trip to his hometown of Peoria, Illinois. I hate, hate, hate to fly so of course our travel day was blessed with being kooky, crazy, nuts and horrible. We woke up at 0330 to leave the house at 0430, rush to the airport with Minnie Mouse in her little travel bag just to find out that our 0600 flight was canceled...of course.

Stood in line for 2.5 hours to reschedule, slept on chairs, got stranded for 5 hrs in Detroit...let's just say that we ended up having a 16 hour travel day...I won't even get into it. It's stupid. Simply stupid and we are NEVER flying with Delta again. Did you hear that Delta? Yeah, you heard me. Scared? You should be! You're going to miss my one flight a year. Trust me!

There I feel better now.

Photobucket

 We were so HAPPY to finally get to Peoria and be OUT of the airport.

Photobucket

[Johnny's motto: Have computer, will travel]

Photobucket

Minnie's bladder was happy, also. Poor little thing, she was a real trooper.

Photobucket

Ummm. Hello? If you're going to just sit there, Liz, make yourself useful and PET ME!

Photobucket

She's such a demanding little thing...all 4.5 pounds of her.

Photobucket

Liz is about to go to work and Minnie won't give her a moment's peace.

Photobucket

Seems like Minnie's captured someone else's heart too...

Photobucket

And the more hearts, the merrier. I'm thinking that "someone else" needs a Chihuahua, too {wink}

Photobucket

We went to work with Liz and had breakfast while she started her shift.

Photobucket

Afterward, we drove over for a long visit with someone very, very special...
 

Photobucket

She's simply precious! We love you so much Gram!
 

I'll post more about Gram soon along with cooking with my mother in law, making glass pendants with my father in law & lunch/shopping with Liz and Jake. The days flew by, but we had such a nice time and even though we packed a lot of activities into a few short days, we managed to relax and make fun memories together.

And that's what's most important, isn't it?

Photobucket

No comments: