Monday, September 13, 2010

Three Fox Vineyards

On Saturday Johnny and I drove an hour out of the city to Virginia Wine Country. What? You didn't know we had a wine country in Virginia? Yup. We sure do! 

I've been wanting to go out all summer but it's been so freakishly hot that we put it off until this past weekend. The weather was PERFECT so we drove out to Three Fox Vineyards, located out in Delaplane, VA.

Photobucket

This man, who shall remain anonymous, was my date. A very handsome date, although I'm about a mile away from him at this point taking his photo because I brought the wrong lens on my camera and that is why "said handsome date" is laughing at me. He's only doing that because I'm so far away or I'd kick him. I bite, too. But I don't scratch...I don't like to ruin my nails.

Later on I got sausage grease on my lens (don't ask...) and also filled up my media card (without having brought a spare). Not to mention can I say THANK GOD I shoot in RAW because my white balance was set wrong all day...so I provided this handsome man a lot to giggle about on our joyous outing. I gotta love this "photography learning curve" I've been on for the past 9 years. I'm thinking in about 14 years I may have learned a few things....DUH....we'll see. GRRrrrrrrr............

Photobucket

I'll stick to photographing grapes. Grapes don't move. And they don't laugh at me. But they do make me hungry. I can't win.

Most of the vineyards' grapes were harvested 2 weeks ago, but these red grapes are waiting for this coming weekend ~ that is when Three Fox Vineyards is also having their annual Grape Stomp! Again, I'm not interested in ruining my nails, and that includes TOE nails, so I'll pass. But next year I'll sign my date up. He'll love it.

Photobucket

I was dying to try one...

Photobucket

But I didn't. Pinky swear, I didn't. The fact that there was a tall wire gate between me and the grapes makes this a true statement.

Photobucket

The small barn is the wine tasting room. It's a small, family run vineyard and very friendly and inviting. There were a few jewelry vendors and a tent where the Knights of Columbus were selling grilled sausages with peppers and onions ~ THAT is what I used to lure my date out of the city with....and it worked! He'll go anywhere for food!

Photobucket

Oh, and there was a live band playing oldies. Perfect weather, food, great music, wine, my honey...life is good.


Photobucket

There's my handsome date with his nose down a wine glass...sniffing....I've never quite figured out what we are sniffing for...look, to be honest, as long as it doesn't smell like cat pee, I'll drink it. (There is actually an expensive wine that smells exactly like cat pee, I smelled it once and about tossed my....well...let's not go there. It was not something I ever want to experience again!) Thank you, Hofmann's, for that memory.


Photobucket

I guess he liked it because he bought us both a glass. 

"He's to my handsome Alouette Cabernet Franc 2008 Man"   {{{{CLINK}}}}   (It was yummy!)

Photobucket

We found a tiny table under a tree in the shade to eat and listen to the music.

Photobucket

Johnny dug right into his grilled sausage!

Photobucket

Like we don't notice that you have a mouth full of food right now.....riiiiiiiiiight.

Photobucket

Johnny said, "Take this picture (above). That's the definition of PURE JOY!!"

A man. A sausage. A glass of wine. A vineyard. A gorgeous day.

Photobucket
I ran this photo with the new Paint the Moon "Macchiato"action (from Coffee House Collection)

  
A man with a sausage & a glass of wine in a vineyard on a gorgeous day (and then he added "with my special girl and I about melted, yes, I'm gonna keep him)

Do you see that face?

It's the face of PURE JOY.
 
And I love it  :o)~ 

Photobucket

And for those of you who say, "Brenda, you are never in any photos..." I say, "Take a closer look!"

Beauty is in the EYE of the beholder....

His EYES are the ocean in which my dreams are reflected....

SEEING is believing....

I only have have EYES for you....

Okay, I'll stop now.

Photobucket

No comments: