Friday, September 24, 2010

Rock the Cell Phone Cam!

 
 
An ode to "The Cell Phone Camera"
 
What would I do without it? My blackberry is rarely more than 5 feet away from me at any given moment. If I could have it surgically attached to me I'd be OK with that. Then maybe I wouldn't drop it...which I do at least once (ok, twice) a day. I've broken 3 cell phone cases, too, but my phone is FINE: strong, secure, healthy and happy. We're on good terms, despite my clumsiness.
 
When I look back at the images I snap on my cell phone, nearly every day, I'm reminded of the simple things that bring me joy, teach or remind me of life's little lessons or that just make me go "AAaawwwww......"
 
Such as ~~~

Photobucket
 

Spend lots of time with your Sweetheart. Let the restaurant do the cooking and just talk and catch up with each other ~ look him in the eye! People forget to do that sometimes. Look into his eyes when he's talking to you, you'll see, it's a little thing that makes a big difference. Trust me.

Photobucket


Don't waste food! Take home your yummy left overs!

Do you know what happens to OUR left overs? Someone with the initials "JOSH" steals them in the middle of the night and leaves an empty container in the refrigerator so when Johnny goes to get it the next day (and looking really, really forward to it!) it's empty!! Or there will be a piece of dried out broccoli or something left.

Yup. This game has gone on for years between the two of them so Johnny has gone to desperate and extreme measures in an attempt to keep Josh out of his yummy left overs by labeling his containers.....

Photobucket

Yeah, like this is going to keep a 20 year old boy who eats anything that's not nailed down out of our take out containers. Does it work? You decide...

Photobucket

PLAY! Miss Sophia is the master of this rule. She re-taught me how to really play (and we dance too). I can't wait to play with my camera this weekend. I'm going on a nature walk, yay, and Johnnie is going to make some pens in his workshop :o)~

Photobucket

Be proud of your assets ~ Sophia was showing Johnny her toy pliers. He's all, "You wanna see a wrench? Now that's a wrench!" and proudly whipped his out. Sophia was so surprised! At this point I knew I was second fiddle for the rest of the night :o(

FYI: In case you didn't know, Johnny has an extra marital relationship with his Leatherman. They are in love, happy and have had a long standing relationship, way longer than he and I have had. I hate to admit that I even bought him a "Super Leatherman" one year for Christmas. Forgive me, Father, for I knew not what I was doing. I was a stupid, stupid newlywed and was trying to impress my new husband. A decision I have lived to regret for 12, going on 13 years.

The Leatherman goes with him everywhere and when he's not wearing it it's usually because he's hidden it in my purse OR he's pouting because I said NO leatherman!!, we're going to a nice restaurant or to the theater. Sometimes it worries me, I think I heard him sing a love song by Lionel Richie to it one day. Should I call a shrink?

Photobucket

They are two of a kind, these tool loving, wrench crazed specimins. If Sophia gets an ipad she'll never look my way again.

Photobucket

Birds of a feather flock together. It's important to have friends.

Photobucket

Walk your demonic devil dogs. They deserve it. The exorcism will be this weekend, news at 11.

Photobucket

Eat dessert! Our new rule - if we decide to order dessert we are not going to feel guilty about it no matter what. Either don't eat it at all or throw caution to the wind, dive in and savor every single delectable bite and shut up about it!! No annoying girly whining about your hips, fat butt or diet you just bailed on. Whatever. Just eat and enjoy.

Photobucket

Always wear cute shoes. Heeeelllllloooooo? Need I say more? Thank you.

Photobucket


LAUGH. This is Johnny and our precious Gram cutting it up in Peoria this summer.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't laugh. Usually it's because I'm such a klutz and I laugh at myself mostly, but also, I have a 20 year old son who cracks me up (especially in text messages!), a self professed goof ball "punny" husband whom I adore completely and I live with 3 Chihuahuas.

Photobucket


Tiny surprises ROCK! Appreciate them! Have you ever seen such joy about a surprise free ice cream cone from the waitress after dinner? I felt like begging for one! And what was I saying about eating dessert and savoring every lick and slurp? Again, Miss Sophia has got it going on.

Photobucket

Always stop and smell the roses! Or hydrangeas! Or whatever those things are! Yeah...

Photobucket


Imagine. My sweet niece found her Halloween costume ~ Sorry, that would be Miss Scarlet O'Hara to all of you "common folk." And don't you forget it.

Photobucket

Rest easy. There is nothing in the world that crashes harder than a dog. I mean, they know how to go down and really enjoy their sleep. Sink into it and disappear for awhile with no lists running through their head, no worries, anxiety or GUILT!

Photobucket

My Minnie certainly has no guilt. She doesn't come out from under the covers until noon most days! That means I can't make the bed! Talk about guilt.....NOT....(insert evil laugh here).

Photobucket


Be creative. My son sent me this cell phone pic today of his super, crazy, busy day at work. They made an office supply Scorpion. Yuppers. Crazy, busy day.

Photobucket


Get your crazy on. Don't forget to have silly fun. I can assure you right here, right now that I never forget that rule. And by the way, don't ever look DOWN into a camera. It does very disturbing things to one's chin. Or two chins. So not cool.

Photobucket

And SMILE!

AAaawwww.....my sweet girl smiles when I rub her belly. It's Friday and our court is having a Happy Hour. Everyone meets in the middle with a lawn chair, a bottle of wine, an appetizer to share and a big, bright SMILE! And I'm ready! I have my smile on and Johnny has his leatherman on, what else do we need?

Happy Friday everyone, hope you have wonderful weekend! Take lots of cell phone pics. Your life deserves it. You won't regret it, I promise  :o)

Photobucket

No comments: